Hairy facts

A typical person has 150 000 hairs on their head, but did you know that blondes have more hair than brunettes. Blondes have more hair than brunettes but red heads have less hair than brunettes.

images

  • At any time, about 90% of your hair is growing while the other 10% is at rest and will fall out in 2-3 months
  • Every stand of hair on your head grows about 0.4 inches a month. In total, that’s 10 miles of hair grown in a year
  • Your hair grows faster in the summer than winter
  • Your hair actually doesn’t grow in sync, each hair has it’s own growth cycle
  • 1 in 200 people have red hair
  • You lose about 50 to 100 hairs a day
  • Hair taken from frozen woolly mammoths found in Siberia might make it possible for scientists to clone extinct species
  • Human hair combined could hold the weight of two elephants
  • Straight hair gets about twice as tangled as curly hair
  • Hair grows all over your body except for the palms of your hands, soles of your feet and your lips
  • Hair can stretch up to 55% of its length before it snaps
  • Snippets of Justin Bieber’s hair sold for $40 668 USD on Ebay
  • By age 30, half of all men go bald
  • In the 19th century in England, people wore bracelets and rings made out of hair
  • Tall hairdos were popular in the 17th century with some reaching up to 5 feet
  • About 75% of Women in America die their hair
  • Vikings wanted blonde beards and used lye to bleach their hair
  • The record for the world’s tallest hairdo was set in 2009. It was done by several hairdressers and used fake and real hair to create an 8.7-foot tall hairdo
  • Every summer in Netherlands, people gather together to celebrate red hair.

Hair often used to be thought of as a sacred thing or where the good spirits entered your body. Along with that, hairdressers used to be thought of as gods because they would be the ones cutting your precious hair. Now, they’re paid $12.75 an hour.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: